Thursday, May 6, 2010

Remember the Civil War Tribute Quilt?

Good Morning Everyone,

Remember this pattern? The Civil War Tribute quilt that some of you are completing. Well I've been making little 6-1/2" blocks from the leftover fabric. I've had several requests to share the pattern so you can be making them along with me. Two quilts for the price of one is pretty darn hard to pass up! Just send an email to patched55@comcast.net and I'll email you the pattern in a .pdf format. I'm sure there is a way I could establish a link....but I haven't figured that one out yet. So email it is for now.


You will most likely have to dig into your stash to add a bit more variety....especially in the neutral colorway. I've made twelve of these little guys and have more fabric to incorporate from the additional months that I haven't yet completed. I'm still trying to decide just how I'm going to set my little squares. I'll get a better feel for that when a lot more of them are made and begin "speaking" to me. The set may even include some applique!

The chores for today include raking pine needles and working on Sallie's quilt. I'll post pictures of Sally tomorrow if I make significant progress today.

We have BIG plans for tomorrow! We get to have our septic tanked pumped....now doesn't that sound life fun? Zinny and I will be staying inside and downwind while Joe supervises the work crew. This is just a preventative maintenance issue before we have any significant problems. Better to be safe than sorry, especially when the septic tank gets buried under 3 feet of snow next winter!

Hope all of you have a wonderful day. Remember try to quilt everyday even for just a few minutes. All of the minutes add up to hours, and the hours add up to a finished project.

As always,
Lynn (and Zinny curled up at my feet dreaming about squirrels)

10 comments:

  1. Does anyone out there happen to have directions for block 8-12 of the block of the month club CIVIL WAR TRIBUTE by Homestead Hearth? My mother's quilt club received a large donation from someone who passed away. I spent the morning helping identify fabrics for the months she has fabric for, blocks 1-7. It appears she has the fabrics for blocks 8-12, but no directions. She would really like to finish this quilt in honor of the person who passed, but without directions it is going to be tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Can I purchase a copy of the pattern from you?

      Delete
  3. Could you possibly share the pattern with me or let me know where I can purchase? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking for the fabric for this quilt, any ideas where I can get the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would try Ma’s Gotta Notion quilt shop in Havana, IL. She has on line shop as well and any fabric you could imagine!

      Delete
  5. I’m looking for Block 1 instructions and final instruction for piecing all finished blocks together. Can anyone help?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have both. Working on last block. Mariedomini4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 1-12 but don’t have the finishing instructions. Does anyone have them?

    ReplyDelete