Saturday, October 30, 2010

Heartfire is Nearing the Finish Line

Hello to Everyone,

All of the thirty-nine blocks are finished for a pastel, and Fig Tree fabric version of Heartfire.  I started sewing the connecting triangles on some of the blocks and put them up on my design wall.  My design wall consists of an old vinyl tablecloth with a fleece backing.  It is quick, easy and inexpensive!

Here are the remaining blocks waiting for their triangles.  Once they are finished, I'll be much more precise in block placement on the wall.  I can tell by the photo that I have two blocks with green polka dots next to each other.  I didn't notice it until I took the picture.  That happens so often.  You will see block placement issues in a photo easier than you will on the wall or the floor. 

Busy weekend ahead.  Our three granddaughters are having a sleepover at our house tonight.  They are in charge of making a Halloween lunch for the whole family on Sunday. The girls are natural cooks and love being in the kitchen with Grammy.....and I love being in the kitchen with them.  Here's the menu our 9-year-old granddaughter put together yesterday with the help of Internet, The Food Network, and Betty Crocker:

Eyes of Newt, Devilishly Good Eggs, Creepy Crow Claws, Bubbling Cauldron Cheese Dip with Bat Wing Dippers, Boo Bugs with Bug-Catching Dip, Taco Monster Mouths, Scarecrow Taco Dip, all washed down with Orange Cream Floats.

Looks like we will be having fun in the kitchen tomorrow!  I'll take pictures of these mouth-watering delights and share recipes.

As always,
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful quilt. I love Fig Tree fabrics. Sounds like your granddaughters are in for a great time at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum - I think?

    The quilt is great, very soft and calming in those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always nice when you can spot the blocks that are similar "before" you sew them all together. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete