Saturday, October 23, 2010

Quilt Show Season

Good Morning Everyone,

We are definitely into a new season of the year.....Quilt Show Season.  It seems you could attend a show or two every weekend if you had the time.  Yesterday, Joe and I went to the Mountain Heirloom Quilt Faire in Murphys at Ironstone Vineyards.


Take a lot and get inspired by some of these beauties.  You know you can place your mouse over each picture and click on it so you can see it in greater detail.

Plaid stars.....how cute is that!



This quilt was named 'Christmas in Arnold'.  Perfect name for a beautiful quilt.




And look what I found......Sallie's quilt made with a blue border!  This is a fun quilt to make.....I highly recommend digging through you stash and pulling out enough fabric and make some scrappy stars.




Time to 'batten down the hatches' for a large storm that is excepted to hit the golden state this weekend.  Lots of rain and wind expected.  It sounds to me that if will be perfect weather to stay indoors and quilt. Why not think about entering one of your quilts into a show next Quilt Season?  I'm thinking about it. 

As always,
Lynn

5 comments:

  1. Lynn, I really didn't need much encouragement to start Sallie's Quilt, but I have. Thanks, I think.
    Thanks also for the great pictures, it is so much fun to go to a show, and be dazzled by all those creative people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts Lynn. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness I have to be carefully looking at beauties like that least I being thinking of my own as rags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a good show. Beautiful quilts.
    Nice to see Sallies quilt done in the blue fabric. The shows always inspire me to go home and sew. Stay warm. The wind is really blowing today

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great show. Thank you for the pics.
    Keep safe in the coming days

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete