Saturday, July 9, 2011

July - Christmas Quilt Along - Post #1

Hello Everyone,

Today is the 2nd Saturday of the month and that means it is Christmas Quilt Along day! Many thanks go to Sue for hosting the festivities this month on her BLOG.  As soon as I logged in to Sue's site this morning, she emailed me the directions for the next block for the Scatty Christmas Stars quilt.  Here is my block #1 with all my required elements.....polka dots, checks and a kinda sorta a plaid.


And then here is my block #2.  It was a bit dicey getting all of the reds to play well together.  Not much green going on in the blocks for this month.


Here is the whole group together for the blocks I've completed so far thanks to the Quilt Along.  It is very painless making only two blocks a month.


Sue asked how we decorate our homes at Christmas.  It is the Full Monty at the cabin and at the house in the city.  At the cabin, we erect and I do mean erect a 15 foot, 300 pound artificial tree with hundreds of lights.  This is a day-long project that requires many family members to complete.  We almost always start the holidays the day or weekend after Thanksgiving.  Luckily, everyone was fed well and has the stamina and strength to haul the boxes up out of the basement and begin the assembly.


The whole tree has a 'cabiny' theme with Buffalo check ribbon and many ornaments given to us by family and friends.  My sister is the main contributor to our collection of cabin ornaments.  She has as much fun picking them out as she does placing them on the tree.


The boys/men literally have to hang from the rafters to place Santa at the top of the tree.  This is no easy feat.

After the torture, I mean fun of the day, we all head outside and admire our handy-work.  We gather around the fire pit and toast marshmallows and make S'mores.  Now that makes me hungry!


Keep checking back today for more Christmas fun.

As always,

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment