Monday, November 7, 2011

Buttonwood

Hello Everyone,

Buttonwood is coming together nicely. My next task is making three more little basket blocks for the corners in the border.  Those little baskets are going to have to wait until Wednesday.  I've also  been auditioning red or brown borders.  Stay tuned to see what my final decision is going to be.  This quilt has checks, stripes, plaids and polka dots all rolled into one. Perfect in my book!


I'm off to work at the shop this morning, then I'll be hosting my drop-in class tomorrow at In Between Stitches.  If anyone living locally would like to attend, the class runs from 10-2pm.  This is a good opportunity to finish up those UFO's or PIGS (Projects in Grocery Sacks) hiding in your sewing rooms.  Or, if you need help working on any of my patterns, or you are finishing up a quilt from any class I've taught, the 2nd Tuesday of the month is a good day to Sew Some Wild Oaks and sew along with me. 

As always,

Lynn

8 comments:

  1. You already know how much I love Buttonwood but I feel the need to tell you again.....I LOVE Buttonwood. :-) Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is Just AMAZING ! LOVE IT ! LOVE IT ! LOVE IT !

    ReplyDelete
  3. PIGS! I love it and your basket quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buttonwood is going to look fantastic hanging in your cabin. Your four favorite designs and your favorite colors. Doesn't get any better then that. Another Masterpiece in the making. Great job my friend. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that the baskets look like they are hanging. This is a beautiful design. Will be watching for the border decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee - it looks like more quilting than pine needle raking got done this weekend! It's looking fantastic, Lynn! Can't wait to see the borders!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So what happened to the raking?
    I wish I could just drop into one of your sewing days, but I'll be there in spirit even if not in body.

    ReplyDelete