Monday, January 23, 2012

All Things Dutch

Hello Everyone,
The Blueberry Crumb Cake fabric by Blackbird Designs, brought images of all things Dutch to mind.

Silver skates, frozen canals, wooden shoes, Dresden china, Delft tiles......and windmills. I didn't incorporate any of the beautiful browns or the "crumb" part of the fabric line. You may be seeing the browns in another design.



Binding.....check. Hanging sleeve.......check. Directions.......unchecked.

The patterns directions for this quilt are taking me forever to complete. There are more components to this quilt than some of my previous patterns. But, the quilt is a wrap, so to speak and will be on display at the shop starting today.  I'll be teaching the first session of this class on February 21st.  The second session will be March 20th.


The side view shows off the quilting a little bit better.



I'm off to work at the shop this morning.  I'm sure more quilting treasures arrived since I worked last week.  The Monday Ladies will be there quilting today in the classroom.  It is always fun to see the projects The Monday Ladies are working on while chatting, laughing, and sharing in the camaraderie with other creative quilters. 

Don't forget to be creative today.  Creating a smile on someones face counts!

As always,

Lynn

7 comments:

  1. The quilting looks beautiful....I can't wait to see it in person....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The windmill in the middle is just perfect with all those blues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My creativity is always sparked when I visit you here, Lynn! Another work of art in this newest delight - bravo!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great partnership, the pattern, fabrics, and the quilting. Gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops, now how on earth did this happen? I've only just seen this post and the picture of the whole quilt. It is fantastic. I bet it's going to be a popular class.

    ReplyDelete