Tuesday, March 13, 2012

In Between Stitches Quilt Shop

Hello Everyone,

The other morning I got into work early and took some pictures of the inside of In Between Stitches quilt shop.....my home away from home.  I thought it would be fun for all of you to see where I hang out.  Well today I saw that In Between Stitches has been nominated on SewCalGal 2012 Golden Quilter Awards for the Best Quilt Shop!

The building that houses the shop is almost 100 years old.  It has the look and feel of an old dry goods store from the wonderful old floors to the overhead fans.


I spend hours at the cutting table preparing BOM's and helping customers every Monday.


I'll be in the large classroom today hosting my drop-in class.


Stroll through the shop and look at all of the eye candy.



It's a wonder that I have any money left in my bank account.  The fabric selection is fabulous!


Books and notions galore.




The 1930's section is very popular.


The Amy Butler section.




The store is very welcoming and you can shop here for hours and not see everything.

Also, I was so happy to see Sue Abrey nominated for best author for PICK FOUR!  I had the pleasure of reviewing Sue's book last summer.  I've had the opportunity to get to know Sue virtually over the past two years.  She's absolutely delightful and is a wonderful quilter, author and started the Christmas Quilt Along.

So head on over to SewCalGal ,vote for your favorites and you could win a great prize.

I'm off to the shop this morning.  I wish all of you could join me today at my drop-in class.  I look forwad to the 2nd Tuesday of every month to see all of my buddies and view the progress they've made on their projects since last month.

As always,

Lynn


5 comments:

  1. It's truely one of my favorite shops... but the last time I was in town they had just closed so I could only peak in the windows. Thanks for the little tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shop looks amazing!!! Look at all those gorgeous samples, fabric and ideas!!! I love seeing all your work too!!! I hope to visit there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a AMAZING quilt shop ! If I only lived closer :-( That you for all of the lovely pictures it was fun to take the tour !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lynn,

    I can see why you love coming to work. Just love the old floorboards. I bet that shop can tell some stores. Thanks so much for the look around.
    happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna come and shop there! I saw a shelf in one picture, just full of redish-brownish fabrics, and I want them all!

    I loved seeing some of your quilts hanging there too.

    It just looks like a great place to shop.

    ReplyDelete