Sunday, May 6, 2012

Out and About

Hello Everyone,

Since I haven't been quilting, I thought I should show you what I've been up to for the past few days.

Yesterday, we went with our car club, the Altamont Cruisers, to a car show in the little community of Copperopolis in the Sierra foothills.


The center of the town is all new construction, right down to the Town Hall and....

the bandstand in the center of town.  Over two-hundred cars gathered and parked around the town's center for a one day car show.

This is Mr. Joe's pride and joy.....Miss Vickie.  She is a 1956 Ford Crown Victoria.  While I quilt, he tinkers with Miss Vickie.


This is what she looked like the day she was towed to our house.  He had the vision of what a beauty she could become.....and she is.  That vision was not crystal clear in my mind.  I saw one giant eye sore and so did our neighbors.  It took six looooong years to get her restored with as many original parts that he could locate on the Internet.



I followed the car club up to the mountains driving the sag wagon.  My job was to pick up any car parts lost along the way and stop for anyone having any car problems.  Everyone breezed up the hills, now we just need to get back home.
So this week, I'm wishing that all of you can have "the vision".  The vision to finish up a project that you know is going to be a real beauty.

As always,

Lynn



4 comments:

  1. Your DH saw the beauty in Miss Vicki when she was looking a bit unlady like; you see the beauty in the future of a pile of fabric. You two are a match made in Heaven. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that sounds like a really fun day, Lynn! Picking up lost car parts kind of sounds like there could possibly be gold at the end of the rainbow (wink)! Mr. Joe has certainly done some incredible work on his Ford - way to go!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm chuckling thinking of you driving along watching for tailpipes and hubcaps to pop off. It's nice that antique car buffs are not litterbugs. Miss Vickie is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite some transformation. She looks beautiful now, but I can see why you might have had doubts about the whole thing when you first set eyes on her!

    ReplyDelete