Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Special Person

Hello Everyone,

Just one picture today to show you something I worked on yesterday.  I made a block for a very special person.....and that's all I'm saying.




I've been collecting pink and brown fabric for years.  At this point in time, I have a lateral file drawer with enough pink and brown fabrics to make at least fifteen quilts, complete with borders and possibly backings!  I kid you not.  This brown fabric is one of my favorites that I've been hoarding, saving, for just the right moment.  My moment came yesterday.

Just like clockwork, the refrigerator decided to stop working on the first day of summer.....incredible timing.  The critical relay board was ordered yesterday after the repairman pronounced it "dead".  Lots of trips to the store to keep the fridge filled with ice.  So far so good.....except for the Moose Tracks ice cream which melted just like Frosty the Snowman.

We are off to the county fair today to see the display of quilts, farm implements and all of the animals. We may even watch a pig race or two. Mr. Joe really knows how to woo his date! I'm off to the races.

As always,

Lynn

6 comments:

  1. Oh how I just love the Browns & Pinks fabric !

    Have fun at the County Fair !

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is definitely something about pink and brown! I've never met a pink and brown quilt I didn't like. :-)

    Can't wait to hear about your date with your smooth talking mate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are a lot of us who like that color combination, Lynn! I recently finished a small pink and brown quilt! Someone is going to be a very lucky recipient of your lovely block! You and Mr. Joe enjoy the fair - for me that is a stellar date!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, will this result in a new pattern? Have fun with Mr Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vintage look of your block. I can hear your wheels turning thinking of a new pattern. Enjoy your date with your man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just beautiful. Your "special" person is also a "lucky" person

    ReplyDelete