Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pacific International Quilt Festival - 2012


Hello Everyone,

On Sunday, Mister Joe and I headed to PIQF, Pacific International Quilt Festival in Santa Clara, CA. Our first stop was the In Between Stitches booth to see Leslie and Melissa.

 
As always, the booth was just darling and very inviting.  The girls outdid themselves again.
 

 
Nostalgic Christmas.....


Some Toyland Tree admirers....


October Magic......there are a couple more kits available at the shop.


Then we went over to the Prairie Queens Quilt Shop booth to see April's version of Country Charmer in Renee Nanneman fabrics by Andover. If you click on their store name, the kit page of their website pops up.
 

April did a great job selecting fabrics and Debbie did a beautiful, all-over quilting pattern.


This was yummy! If you've been thinking about making Country Charmer, the fabric selection process is done for you and at your fingertips.


Now a brief tour of the show.  We were still in jet lag mode, so we made it through only 3/4 of the show.  We were definitely lagging!










This quilt requires some explanation.  It looked like vertical blinds. 

If you stepped to the right, the bird appeared....


If you stepped to the left, a deer appeared....






Some pretty intense quilting going on here!







Love this quilting design!


I'm off to the shop this morning to spend the day with 10 of my girls, who come to the Sew'n Wild Oaks class every month.  I also call them Wilder Women, or Wilder Groupies.....whatever....we have fun! 

I hope all of you have a fun day.  Take time for yourself, dig out a UFO that you've been meaning to finish and dig in.  Sometimes just getting an old project out of the closet is half the battle. Once you do, you'll say, now why did I put this one away?  Been there, done that.

Soon,

Lynn

10 comments:

  1. Just a wonderful quilt show! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA!!! That woodland bird/deer quilt is probably the most creative thing I've ever seen. Wow, I would have loved to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found your blog through a picture of your Country Charmer quilt on pintrest. I am wondering where I can get a copy of your pattern. I really love it =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nevermind, I found it in your sidebar once I realized that the entire thing wasn't your blog roll =0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures of the quilt show. What creativity! But I have to tell you that your Country Charmer still takes my breath away every time I see it. I've got my fabric ready and it looks like I'll FINALLY be starting it in the next couple of weeks - I can hardly wait! I really love Country Charmer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great looking booth, I know I would spend some time in it. WOW! amazing quilts. the one that is like blinds is so cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the quilt show...what an amazing show of quilts..ove thr quilting too
    Yes, me too, Your Country Charmer is a favorite...
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the pictures from the quilt show! Nostalgic Christmas and Country Charmer sure are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the beauty and inspiration!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you and Mr. Joe last for even 3/4 of the show after your trip, but Bravo! What incredible work here! And how fun to see people scrutinizing your work - gotta love it!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete