Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Plaidliness Pumpkins

 
Hello Everyone,
 
These pumpkins have been genetically altered to grow into a plaid design.  Candace, from Squash House Quilts is going to grow some for me.....aren't you Candace?  The new pumpkins are from the "Plaidliness" variety.  My version of an heirloom pumpkin.
 


This one is going to be Cinderella's coach when it grows up.


This pumpkin just wants to grow up since they are only 4" blocks.


 
They may go here.....or not. I'm still drawing and still playing around with the arrangement of the blocks. 

 
This combination may work by the flower basket.
 

 
Don't forget this section too!  This section is 36" across so it's bigger than you think it is.
 

 
I also have to work in with the section next to the scarecrow. Now I've let the cat out of the bag and you know there's going to be a scarecrow in the quilt.  My scarecrow is giving me a few headaches.  He is looking too scary, and I want him to be friendly.  I'll work on him another day.
 

 
It's like putting a puzzle together.  The original layout is long gone.  Some of the main 'bones' are still there, but I've arranged and rearranged many, many times.  I'll know it when it's just right.  Here's hoping YOUR day is just right.

Soon,
Lynn

17 comments:

  1. Pumpkins are darling.....the fabrics are great....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those plaid pumpkins. And I love the barn, flying geese and pumpkins together. That would make such a fun wall hanging for the fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the word "plaidliness". Your pumpkins are too cute. Your doing a great job designing can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!! Just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well of course I'm going to grow some Plaidliness Pumpkins for you, Lynn! That's what we do here at the Squash House! In fact, there might even be some volunteers out there at the moment vying for a position in your new design! I'll try to keep them from stomping down your door!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable plaid pumpkins :-D Can't wait to see your scarecrow !

    ReplyDelete
  7. We actually grew a kin dof plaid pumpkin last year..it went undiscovered til harvest inside a roll of chainlink and grew with a fun crosshatched design...
    SOOO if you've let the cat out of the bag...I think you should add him to the quilt too!!! As long as Zinnie approves...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every section of this quilt looks fabulous! Can't wait to see it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My Goodness! I can't imagine how *plaid* punkin' pie will taste!!

    These look absolutely scrumptious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! Love the pumpkins--looking forward to seeing it all come together

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pumpkins, and the barn so cute and makes me want to work on a fall project and it isn't even summer yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Lynn,

    Now I do love your Mulberry flavoured Pumpkin. This is going to be a great quilt.

    Have fun.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love your genetically modified pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sure have been busy. Love the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love fall quilts! They are so fun to pull out when summer heat is gone and that crisp fall chill sets in. Can't wait to see what else goes into this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Be still my heart...I have never seen such pretty pumpkins! Can't wait to see this project grow!

    ReplyDelete