Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Needle Nellies Quilt Show in Georgeotown

 
 
Hello Everyone,
 
Just in case you are wondering why I haven't been showing any quilting it's because I'm busy preparing for the quilt show in Georgetown, CA this Saturday. Here is a picture of Autumn Joy, this years opportunity quilt designed by Susan Garman.
 

Information about this show and quilt is located HERE.

The Needle Nellies have donated almost $40,000 to the Georgetown Fire Department since 1997.  All of this money was raised through opportunity quilt ticket sales.  The funds they raise are critical to the continued support of the GFD.  As you know, this year California has been on fire for months.   Georgetown is located in a heavily forested area in the Sierra Nevada mountains.  There was a fire in Georgetown a few weeks ago that was quickly extinguished by the Fire Department.  There's no doubt in my mind that the funds donated to the GFD for training, helped put the fire out quickly.

Last year, the girls made my Party in the Garden quilt for the opportunity quilt.  As you can see, their beautiful version won several ribbons at County Fairs.

 
The girls put on quite a show.  See my post HERE from last year.  I'm really looking forward to meeting all of the girls again and seeing all of their quilts on display.  Talk about eye candy! 
 
I'll be at the one-day show all day Saturday from 10-4.  Stop by my booth and say hi and help support a wonderful cause by purchasing an opportunity quilt raffle ticket.  Mr. Joe will be there along with my friend Yvonne, and my sister Gail. I'm going to have lots of quilted goodies from the shop, along with most of my quilts and all of my patterns.  It's going to be a fun day with my Georgetown friends.
 
Soon,
Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful, successful day! I'm sure your booth will be very busy and attract a lot of customers! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete