Saturday, October 12, 2013

On Golden Pond

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I said I would be making some plaid leaves.....and I did!  I'm often asked where I get my inspiration for color.  My response is always the same.....it's where you live, it's where you play, it's all around you.


This is where the grand kids play in the summer, Snowflake Lake.  It's just a tiny little lake five cabins down the trail from us.  It only looks like this just a few days during the year.  It's my "Golden Pond" and my inspiration for color.


Mr. Joe and I sat out on the dock and said our goodbyes to summer.  It's a special time and a special place.


I can see making a watercolor quilt from the reflections on the water.


.....this one too.



This time of the year our senses are flooded with color.  I just happen to see plaid!  I know, I know, I can hear you saying, "She's crazy as a loon....a plaid loon!"

Soon,
Lynn

11 comments:

  1. What gorgeous colours, and I love the plaid leaves that have the same colours in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors, Lynn! I love the way you caught the reflections in the "pond"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to say goodbye to summer! New England has nothing on this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your photos.....just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If being an inspiration makes you crazy, dear friend, so be it...wish we were there, crazy right alongside you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are just gorgeous , I especially love the cattails , that is incredible !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see plaids too. The woven mix of autumn colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous pictures of a fabulous pond! Yes, you'll have us all seeing plaids soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a hard time envisioning plaid leaves - but leave it to you, Lynn! Maybe you can make a few extra and hang them on the trees when all the other leaves fall! It would be a great way to get just a little more mileage out of the gorgeous Autumn in your neck of the woods. You said weenie roast at 7, right?
    Cheers!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful pictures. I just love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, these photos are just delicious!!

    ReplyDelete