Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class is in Session

Hello Everyone,
 
The classroom at In Between Stitches was filled to capacity on Tuesday with the Sew'n Wild Oaks girls.....my Wild Women!  I took just a couple of pictures and only captured just a few of the fabulous projects the girls were working on.
 
Here is Mary's beautiful watering can from her Party in the Garden quilt.
 

Gail finished all of her blocks for Country Charmer!  All of her sashings are cut and I happen to know she's working on them right now.  If she can just get her sister (yours truly) to quilt it, she will have a completed quilt to display for Christmas.  (I didn't say which year!)


Judy is really making Frosty.....extra frosty with the addition of snow on his top hat and a blizzard swirling around his head.  So clever!

Cindy is almost finished with her cute little Jack for her Toyland Tree.  He looks so realistic popping out of his box.

Barbara and Kaye are both making their own patchwork fabric.



Their patchwork is going to turn into Mitten with Moxie!

 
 
Barbara has been working hard on her Harvest of Hope quilt.  She found the perfect fabric for her acorn.  Isn't it fun when you find exactly what you are looking for in a fabric?
 


 
Judy showed us her beautiful patriotic quilt that she made from a book called Country Threads by Mary Etherington & Connie Tesene.


Kay brought in her smaller version of  the House on Edgewood Lane quilt for show and tell.  Kay is moving to Florida and will have this quilt displayed in her new home.  We are going to miss her so much!  She's been part of our group for several years.  She's a perfectionist when it comes to quilting.  She promised me that she will send pictures of her work, and I'll post it to the blog.  Kay will always be a Sew'n Wild Oaks gal! I miss you already Kay.


So there you have it.  Another month has gone by since our last meeting.  The weeks have been flying by so quickly and the girls have made so much progress. My girls are the best!

Soon,
Lynn

7 comments:

  1. Your girls are definitely the best! Each one is so talented and the projects are being done so well. Congrats to Gail...her CC blocks are gorgeous! Can't wait to see them with the sashing. The quilts here are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your students are so fantastic. All works just so fantastic. I think you are a wonderful teacher.
    Greetings Grit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lesley! Well done everyone! Tell Gail if she isn't careful I'm going to sneak down there in the middle of the night and snatch her gorgeous country charmer!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you girl have so much talent.
    These are all wonderful. You give me hope and inspiration :)
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I was working on my sashings this morning while Lynn was doing her post and now they are all finished! And now I am ready to do 9 patch blocks tomorrow! I'm on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your wild girls are producing some wonderful work. I love seeing what they're all up to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lot of quilty goodness there.

    ReplyDelete