Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class is in Session

Hello Everyone,
 
My girls are at it again!  They have been busy making blocks for Country Corners.  I love their fabric selections.

 




This little sign is soon going to read "Pumpkins" just in time for Fall.


Irene is adapting the Under the Oaks pattern.  She is going to write names in her family tree and give it as a gift to her sister.  The Under the Oaks pattern was designed by my buddy Lisa from Material Girlfriends.  It's a beautiful design and Lisa is teaching the class at Quilting in the Garden today.


Two of my girls were working on Holiday Treats Tablerunner, a pattern by Laura Nownes.  This pattern is so much fun and you'll be seeing more of this over the next few months.


I was asleep at the photography switch yesterday and I didn't capture all of the projects that were being created in the classroom.  I'll do better next time girls.

Today is my preparation day for my Once Upon a Vine class at Quilting in the Garden tomorrow at Alden Lane Nursery.

Today is also the first track meet for our granddaughter Emily, who is running in her first cross-country race.  This may sound trivial to you but it is monumental to our family.  Emily was born with congenital cataracts and has developed other eye complications in her 11 years.  Her eye site may be poor, but her vision is larger than life.  We will be cheering for her along the route just like we cheered for her during soccer, archery, school plays, and everything else she wants to accomplish.  You go girl!  We will be there through every step of your journey.

Soon,
Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Wow - with all you have going right now, Lynn, I'm amazed that you had time to be with your gals! I bet it's a little bit of sanity in all the craziness? As usual, they always step up to the plate! Sure wish we could be there this year!! Hooray for Emily - I bet she comes in first place by leaps and bounds!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Emily! Run like you have wings on your shoes and clouds under your feet!
    Love those Country Corners blocks! I've gotta admit I'm still completely over the moon over the block in photo ! top left hand corner. I could just collect yours and hers and some more of them and be happy as a clam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good going, Emily! Glad Grammy and Poppy were there to cheer you on! I was cheering for you from my sewing machine!
    Beautiful blocks!!! I missed you girls yesterday! But I get to see Lynn tomorrow at Quilting in the Garden. I am taking her Once Upon a Vine class. Looks like I will be "getting my feet wet" with applique, finally! Of course, I will probably save that part for last. Some of you know that I have been dragging my feet learning how to do this. I know, I have the best teacher and I should take advantage, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LIKE !!!!

    ...and "Way to Go Gail"!!!! Lynn will keep you on the straight & narrow :D

    ReplyDelete