Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Let the eating......no, no quilting begin

Hello Everyone,
 
The room is ready, the pincushions are ready, now I'm just waiting for the quilters to trickle in.....
 

.....and here they come!  Almost everyone arrived between 3-5 and set up their machines. Then we left the retreat at Snowflake Lodge and went down the street to our cabin to eat.


My friend Judy and I toasted the beginning of the retreat.
 


Jeanne and Patti have a sense of humor with their matching shirts......"don't shoot me I'm a quilter" in camouflage lettering. It is hunting season up here in the mountains, and the motel is full of hunters and quilters.


We started out with tons of appetizers thanks to Patti and Jeanne.  This is the most amount of people I've ever had in the cabin at the same time.....22 avid, and hungry quilters who drove a long way to get to my neck of the woods.

 


Such an wonderful group of ladies all sharing the bond of quilting!  They chatted and got acquainted with one another during the evening.  I have a feeling many new friendships will be made by the end of the week.



Then for dinner we had meatball soup, rolls, and Chinese Chicken Salad. We almost didn't need dinner after all of the fabulous appetizers!


It was nice enough to eat outside.....but, notice everyone is wearing a jacket.



We begin sewing in earnest this morning at 8am sharp.  More pictures to follow over the next few days.  I've got to scoot and meet up with my girls.

Soon,
Lynn

5 comments:

  1. Happy sewing!! Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you had a "virtual" classroom for this, Lynn! Have a wonderful time and watch out for the quilt, er I mean deer hunters ;>)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are going to have a great time. Look forward to seeing the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful evening. Enjoy the retreat!

    ReplyDelete