Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Nostalgic Christmas Pillow Class is in Session

Hello Everyone,
 
Yesterday I taught my Nostalgic Christmas Pillow class at In Between Stitches.  I so enjoyed meeting all of you and spending our day together.  The girls, and Bill worked hard all day long!  As you scroll through the pictures, it's hard to believe that the same pattern created so many different and unique variations.
 
Vivian finished her pillow and gave it to her mother immediately after class!  I wish I could have witnessed the gift giving.
 


There are going to be some great Christmas presents wrapped under trees this year!


Most of the group started with panels from Moda's Seasons Greeting or Sentiments fabric line.




This is a great use of panels or motifs which are easy to fussy cut and place in the center of a pillow.




Stephanie is making a very special pillow for her sister.  Stephanie's niece is playing the main role as baby Jesus in the Christmas play.  She printed a picture on Printed Treasures paper, sized it to the proper size, started adding borders and then double flying geese.  This is going to be a wonderful gift.

 
Several of the students completed all of the components to make the pillow, and they are ready to start assembly.  Click HERE for the tutorial which shows you how to make the double flying geese.  The lesson is also located under the Virtual Classroom tab at the top of my blog. 
 


We had geese flying in and out of formation all around the room.



So what are you doing today?  Whatever it is, I hope it involves creativity.

Soon,
Lynn

P.S. Here's an update on my granddaughters first cross country meet last week.  Emily is surveying the course here prior to the race. This looked very daunting to me!


She finished strong!  We were so proud of her.  She will run in her second race this afternoon.  We will be there to cheer and support her every step of the way.

3 comments:

  1. I made two ten minute table toppers to donate to a church fund raiser. Of course I don't make anything in ten minutes; I think they are called that because they are so easy to do. Like all the pillows everyone is making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great work being done in your class, as always. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your geese are the best, Lynn, and you don't have to worry about standing under them when they fly over - giggle! I sure love seeing all the different versions! Congratulations to Emily - she's a trooper!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete