Friday, October 17, 2014

Pacific International Quilt Festival 2014

Hello Everyone,
 
Yesterday was the start of Pacific International Quilt Festival.  It is HUGE!  Leslie and Melissa created a warm, and comfortable booth that was so inviting you just wanted to pull up a chair and enjoy your quilted surroundings.
 

Sew'n Wild Oaks was well represented in the booth.




This is my Butterscotch Baskets pattern made by April from Prairie Queens quilt shop.  It is so much fun to see my quilts in other booths.


There are hundreds of quilts on display throughout the convention center.  I took very few pictures. There were so many people it was hard to get a clear view, so I just put my camera away in my bag and enjoyed the show.







My friend Candy, one of the Needle Nellies made this quilt, Vintage Valentine.

 

The Ladies of the Lake quilt guild in Lakeport made a super-sized Country Charmer for their opportunity quilt.  It was beautiful and I loved the quilting.


I had so much fun seeing so many of my quilty friends at the show.  Thank you for all of the hugs. 

I'll be in the booth tomorrow demonstrating the quilted components and formulas from my book.  I'll be like one of those people at the County Fair demonstrating non-stick pans and slicers and dicers. Wait, maybe I can be like Lucille Ball in her classic Vitameatavegim skit! Remember that?  Let me know if I start slurring my words.

Soon,
Lynn

5 comments:

  1. Bummer.....I'm going to PIQF today.....so I won't be able to see you.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awe inspiring place to be - seeing and breathing quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish I could see you do the "lucy" think, Lynn! All you need is some flaming red hair, bright red lipstick and I do think you could pull it off! Seriously, the booth is perfect and your quilts make it A+++++!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy! You gotta lotta splainin' to do! So keep water at your side! I love PQ's version of Buttermilk Baskets and that Feathered Star Sampler Quilt is gorgeous...it must be my day to love the blues!
    Perhaps you can find some lulls when you can snap a few more photos for those of us who sit at home wistfully wishing we were there to be your Ethel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh such lovely quilts to see. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete