Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class is in Session

Hello Everyone,
 
I've always said my girls are finishers......and here's more proof!  My sister Gail finished her 120 little 4" baskets and now For the Love of Baskets is officially a flimsy.  It is magnificent!  I know just how hard she worked on this one, and this is her reward.
 

Wendy brought in one of her first quilts to show us. There is a huge amount of detail in this quilt. This pattern was designed by Verna Mosquera.


Suzanne put this cute design together using a panel from Sandy Klop.  Very sweet and vintage.


Suzanne also finished her Heartfire quilt with a twist.  I love how she changed up my original pattern for a fresh, new look.


Cindy has been busy making two quilts for the Quilts of Valor program.  Each member in her group of seven make 2 to 3 quilts every year for wounded veterans. 


Her quilts are going to be very loved and appreciated.


Patti, in her own words, said she threw this quilt together using a couple of charm packs and added borders.  It is wonderful.


The girls were very busy in the classroom at In Between Stitches yesterday......sew busy that I'm going to post the rest of their work tomorrow.  The classroom was just buzzing with activity, food, chatter, singing and laughter.

This is the motto for In Between Stitches......a place where friendships grow.  Strong bonds of friendship are blossoming in my class and all the classes offered at the shop.  Our local quilt shop does so much good for the community and each other.  Support you local quilt shop, become involved, and your life will become rich with friendships, creativity, and beautiful projects.


Soon,
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. I like the setting for the basket blocks. I like most any quilt that features baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gals sure do good work! Congrats to Gail for her glorious baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finishes everyone! Gail, are you counting baskets instead of sheep now to get to sleep? I could hear you all having a good time all the way up here!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete