Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class is in Session

Hello Everyone,
 
What a great day we had yesterday!  The girls were so busy working on their projects and produced some wonderful eye candy for you today.  Susan's little Dresden basket is perfect for Spring.  She is ready to start stitching and adding flowers.
 

Isabelle is also ready to start stitching.


Irene has a wonderful blend of fabrics.


Marti decided to have all of her sections the same to create a beautiful basket.


Wendy is stitching!


Marti also finished more baskets for Once Upon a Vine.  She fussy cut each basket center. A girl after my own heart.


Gail is pattern testing Grammy Squares for me and produced this little cutie.  This pattern will be finished and available for purchase soon.  She's now all set to make some more......they are addicting.


Patti made her first Lucy Boston block.  Don't you love the center?


Cindy finished four blocks for The House on Edgewood Lane.  I'm making up kits for the quilt and I'll post it when it's ready.


Karen stitched on the last flange for Nostalgic Christmas!  Borders here we come.


Barbara dropped by and showed us her latest quilt.  It is spectacular.  I'm sorry that I can remember the name of it, but I can find out for you.


Carol got her quilt top together which she started in a Laura Nownes class.  So cheerful and ready for Spring.


Don't forget to enter the drawing for Mr. Joe's Strip'n Sew.  Just leave a comment so Mr. Joe can read it.  You could be the proud owner of a Strip'n Sew made by a ruggedly handsome, and crotchety senior citizen.

 
We had a wonderful day yesterday in the classroom at In Between Stitches.  The girls all embrace life, and each other.  It is a group of very special women.  I wish all of you could join us on a Tuesday. To quote Susan, "I get enough joy out of this class to last me the whole week."  So do I Susan, so do I.

Soon,
Lynn

13 comments:

  1. Thanks Mr. Joe, great concept and design. Thanks for helping all of us quilters have a more organized chaos selection while we create. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of eye candy in this post. And I'm still liking the strip'n sew

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope there is a class/session like you have around when I retire! It sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Dresden baskets are so neat! I love the rounded silhouette of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little strips here, little strips there,
    little strips were scattered everywhere :(
    Then Mr. Joe, the wood artist
    (married to Lynn - he's the smartest!)
    put a board here, a dowel there...
    now strips aren't scattered ANYWHERE!
    With a new Strip'n Sew, we're each ready to go;
    can't wait 'til they're offered at every "Lynn" Show!

    (No pressure, Mr. Joe!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mr. Joe !

    Oh how I would love to own one of your " STRIP'N SEW "
    What a great idea ! You are SO Clever :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great projects, lots of inspiration. Oh goodness gracious, it would be wonderful to have a "Strip'n Sew".
    Thank you for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Dresden Baskets are each so unique because of the fabric choices. Especially the one with the Eiffel Tower fabric. Never would have thought of using that but it is quite striking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So many fantastic projects! I want to come and sew with you girls...and I want one of those Strip N Sews - I'm designing a new quilt and that would really come in handy right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Paula B's little poem! Woodworkers and quilters do go hand in hand. My Dad has made me several little boxes to hold my supplies so that I can carry them around the house with me and he used the black walnut trees that we had trimmed and cut down. We have a lot of black walnut and he is always taking some home with him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been marking the days until I get to meet all your wonderfully creative (and funny) ladies, Lynn!
    they definitely get me through the week!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dresden baskets. Will have to start some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the dresden baskets. Will have to start some soon.

    ReplyDelete