Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class is in Session

Hello Everyone,
 
Another productive class yesterday with my Sew'n Wild Oaks girls.  Let's start out with a parade of beautiful Country Charmer blocks.  Jeanne is having a great time selecting colors for her blocks made in reproduction fabrics. 

 


Judy was on a mission to get a lot of the sashings sewn on yesterday.


Judy also brought in her quilted Country Corners quilt.  So beautiful and it is going to be a wonderful addition to her Christmas decorations for years to come.


A tisket a tasket, we have a lot of baskets for Once Upon a Vine.  Patti's baskets.


Barbara's baskets.


Gail's baskets.

Gail has also been pattern testing Grammy Squares for me. Aren't this little baby blocks cute! This pattern will be ready for release next week.  I can hardly wait to get this off my "to-do" list and put it in the finished column.


Barbara is auditioning fabrics for the flowers that are going to fill her basket.  She also has one Lucy Boston block finished!


Wendy's basket is almost done too.  Somewhere along the line she lost a button for the last flower.  Her friend is going to love her gift.


Paula is making a basket for Easter from her scraps.  Nice scraps!


I know my girls get so much done because they are so organized.  Cindy has a great binder full of finished blocks for Just Takes 2 quilt.



The plastic sleeves are full of finished blocks.



She also has a swatch sheet which keeps her organized.


Irene has a lot of her mini baskets made for her For the Love of Baskets quilt.  She is persistent and she will finish this quilt!


Isabelle is building a barn for her Harvest of Hope.  Each pattern includes the pumpkin sign for the side of the barn.  It is perfect for this quilt.


Wendy is also planning ahead for Christmas by making some Mittens with Moxie.  You begin by making your own patchwork fabric, and then start cutting out different-sized mittens.  Wendy is going to add white fur around the opening.  Cute!


Marti is making her blocks for Judie's Album Quilt BOM.  Fun and easy blocks which go together quickly.


I may, just may get in my sewing room today.  My plan is to work on directions again today, and then sew, sew, sew.  I have so many things I want to do and share with you.  Have a great day everyone!

Soon,
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. LOVE Judy's stuff. Her Christmas quilt is like peeking through a window at someone's quilt. I want it to see more of it! That binder of Cindy's is legit and something she probably guards with her life! What dedication and organization!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wondering-what are some of your favorite Civil War fabric lines? Working on Butterscotch Baskets but I can't seem to find the shade of butterscotch I need. Thanks......Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of you rock! I can't wait to meet every one of you and soak in more of this fabulous inspiration!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete