Thursday, December 3, 2015

Checkerberry is Quilted

 Hello Everyone,

Little Checkerberry finally has eyes and can see his new world......and he is quilted.  He just needs to be turned into a pillow.

 
His little tummy began as a 5" square.  Can you see what quilting components are in his tummy?  Look for 4 double flying geese, 4 regular flying geese, and 4 half-square triangles.  The flying geese and double flying geese measure 3/4" x 1-1/2".  Pretty tiny, but I make them 4 at a time and use a Bloc-Loc ruler for trimming.
 

 
Once I get the backing sewn on, Checkerberry will be part of my Christmas decorations for a few days before he goes to live at the shop.
 


Yesterday, I got all of my chores finished and called it a day around 3pm.  It was time to take Mazey to the dog park for her daily run and our daily walk.  We have a huge dog park here in town which is very popular.  If we walk around the inside of the park twice, we can log 1-1/2 miles.  Mazey loves it and we enjoy getting out in the fresh air as a family.
 
We arrived home about 4pm.  Dinner was in the oven and I decided to put my feet up, enjoy the Christmas tree, and read until the oven timer went off.  I turned the Christmas lights, on and only half of the tree was lit!  I traced all of the wires on the pre-lit tree, I jiggled, (the wires not me....wink), and still no luck.  I just now went downstairs to take a picture of the tree that wouldn't light......and it did!
 
 
So the moral of the story......when in doubt.....jiggle!  That reminds me of a blog I read a few years ago written by an older lady.  When her daughter-in-law asked what to bring for Christmas dinner, she said not to bring anything that jiggled more than she did.  If I said that to my DIL's or daughter, I'm afraid I'd be wearing whatever they brought.  Today I will choose my words wisely.
 
Soon,
Lynn




8 comments:

  1. Jiggle bells! Jiggle bells!!
    What a beautiful tree....and I feel like I need to wave back at Checkerberry - He's definitely a "10"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Checkerberry, he looks so friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee - you and Paula are too funny! Mr. Checkerberry is adorable and I just want to hug him! I want to hug your tree, too, but if I did, I'm afraid you'd have to jiggle again ;>)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now, isn't he a cutie. And just in time for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Checkerberry could be the star of a new childrens book for Christmas. He is sooooo sweet. Jiggle Jiggle, Giggle Giggle! I bet you can figure out what memory is Jiggling through my overly tired brain right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love little Mr. Checkerberry: he's so cute!! And your tree is gorgeous!! And of course it worked after you were going to document that it didn't: things always go that way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Checkerberry is just gorgeous. As for the tree, weell that's just typical isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Checkerberry is adorable, and so is your tree! So pretty and festive!

    ReplyDelete