Monday, February 13, 2017

Prairie Flower Progress

Hello Everyone,

 
Since you haven't heard a peep out of me in days, you were probably thinking I was slacking off again. Not to worry, I was working on Prairie Flower.  The center is finished.....now the three borders are on tap for this week's to-do list.
 

I have been machine appliqueing all of the leaves and red flowers on the squares, (which is about as interesting as watching paint dry), so I didn't post pictures of the entire process.  Toward the end, I did get pretty fast at the machine applique.  Yesterday morning, Mazey woke me up at 5am, and I completed the final 28 leaves and flowers before breakfast. (And no, we didn't eat at noon!)  In the afternoon, after a break to watch our grandson play Flag Football, I stitched the rows together.



My sister Gail made all of the 28 blocks for me for the pieced border!  So all I need to do is.....you'll see soon.  The fabrics I used in this quilt are called Conestoga Crossing by Pam Buda for Marcus Fabrics.  Check out Pam's blog HERE.

 
Today I have a bunch of orders to mail and computer work to complete before I can start in on the pieced border. Since I'm still nursing my leg back to health, I haven't been very attentive in the housework department.  Mr. Joe has been doing yeomen's duty, but his idea of clean and neat and my idea of clean don't always mesh. Since I can write my name in bold script across every surface in the house, I think it is time to dust!

Spring is just around the corner and that means watching the grand kids play Little League, fast-pitch softball, and flag football.  I don't think we will be home on the weekends until the middle of Summer.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

Soon,
Lynn

8 comments:

  1. good morning Lynn - love the quilt. It is so cute. Never have machine quilted but guess it is time I learned. I know you are healing but please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Glad to hear you're still taking it somewhat easy. May you be 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly got this one together fast! Beautiful quilt. Keep taking care of yourself - everything else will keep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! Your machine appliqué is wonderful...the thread looks thicker than normal. Can you tell me what kind you used?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail! Can't wait to see your border come together...complete Sister Act!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is looking so pretty! Hope your leg heals completely: don't over do it!! Hugs, h

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a fun pattern. Any idea when it will be available?

    ReplyDelete