Monday, July 24, 2017

Lil' Orphan Scrappy Class Was In Session

Hello Everyone,
 
Last week was a busy week for me.  Saturday I met with thirteen quilters from the Moonlight Quilter's Guild of Sonoma County at Village Sewing for our Lil' Orphan Scrappy class.  Many beautiful blocks were born that day.
 
 
Here's my version of Lil' Orphan Scrappy so you can get an idea of what I was teaching.  I used a huge variety of Marcus Fabrics and in my version.  This is an excellent scrap busting quilt.  The largest piece of fabric you use in 5-1/4" x 5-1/4".
 

 
The classroom was nice and large for the girls to gather. What a nice group of women!  Gail and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know all of you.  You were all so pleasant and fun!
 
 
Here's a small sampling of their very productive day.
 

Gina came to the class totally organized with most if not all of her quilt cut out.




 
Here is what some of her blocks looked like during the sewing process.

 

 
There was so much creativity in the room.  We had ladybugs, monkeys and horses in some of the centers.




We also had a Mother/Daughter team sewing and laughing together. 

 
We almost have enough blocks to make a small quilt.  This is just part of what they accomplished.


Wednesday evening I spoke to the guild at the Veteran's Building in Santa Rosa.  They were a delightful group who laughed in all the right places.



If you are interested in making your own Lil' Orphan Scrappy, click the link HERE.


I'm off to the shop to work this morning.  My Sew'n Wild Oaks girls will be gathering at the shop tomorrow.  Another busy week in the making. 
 
Soon,
Lynn
 


3 comments:

  1. It looks like it was a fun day! I'm thinking of working on Lil' Orphan
    Scrappy at the retreat in September...which I can hardly wait for :-) Trying to live in the moment but I'm constantly thinking about Sept 25th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest to how much fun LOS is to make! I may be finishing mine at the retreat in October...can't wait!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so sad that I missed you and Gail!!! I've been behind in my emails: life sometimes keeps me from looking at them for a few days. Looks like it was a good time though!! Hugs,H

    ReplyDelete