Sunday, July 30, 2017

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class Was In Session

Hello Everyone,
 
Here it is Sunday and class was last Tuesday......do you think I'm a bit behind?  I spent the day with "my girls".  Each and everyone of them are so special to me.
 
First up is Bonnie's first Spoken For block.  She has a beautiful selection of fabrics and the block turned out beautifully. 
 


There were a lot of Lil' Orphan Scrappy blocks in the making during class.


Patty is working on a kit I put together for Christmas awhile back.  The basket is from Buttonwood.
 

Kim Diehl was well represented in the class with many houses forming neighborhoods in Journey's End.



Gail finished more blocks for Walk In The Park.


Rose is moving right along on Heartfire.


Laurie finished block #3 for Huckleberry Hill.  I still have to design block #4.  She caught up with me!


Meeke is making lots and lots of flying geese for Zinnie's Choice.

 
 
Kathy designed this incredible center block for a quilt she is making.  You have to see this in person to appreciate each and every stitch.  The fabric she used in the sky was beyond perfect.  This house looked truly haunted.
 


On Wednesday, we packed up all of the grand kids and took them to the Oakland Museum to see the Dorothea Lange exhibit called The Politics of Seeing.  Emily, Harleigh and Jess are all interested in photography, so off we went. The exhibit was very busy and at times I felt like I was herding cats.



Dorothea Lange is best known for her haunting images of the Great Depression.  She was certain that seeing the effects of injustice could change the world.


The exhibit ends on August 27th.  I highly recommend it.  Her photographs will stick with you for a long, long time.


In keeping with the black and white theme......here are my grand kiddos.


Enjoy your Sunday!

Soon,
Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Lynn, those kids are all growing up so fast. Say hi to all of them from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting outing for those grands--glad young people are interested in photography--thanks for taking them to see and enjoy some--
    enjoy the moments, di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gals have me full of eye candy today! Oh, my, that haunted house! What a wonderful photo of the grandkids, Lynn!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete