Friday, February 2, 2018

Buried in Quilty Goodness

Hello Everyone,
 
I think I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel in preparations for the quilt show in Folsom, CA next weekend.  Set up is Thursday, February 8th and Country Sunshine is going to be prominently featured.  There's about four more feet of binding to stitch, then the hanging sleeve, and label and she's finished!  I'll be rolling this pattern out on my ETSY site next week.  The plate feathers almost did me in.  A couple of my plate feathers are cracked......such is life. 
 

This week has been a catch up week after being gone for an entire week.  I'm so happy that Mazey and Mr. Joe recognized me when I returned! 

As I travel around the state teaching, I purchase fabric to sell in my booth at shows.  I try to put bundles of fat quarters together that work well with my style. Some of the fabrics are older and hard to find, and some are brand new releases. The fabrics come from all over the state.  Debbie's in Paradise, Friends Around the Block in Colusa, Ladybug's Quilts in Manteca,  Cloth and Quilts in Turlock, and my home shop, In Between Stitches in Livermore.

This is just a sample of what I've been cutting. I began with almost 300 yards of fabric!! Almost 9" of fat quarters just yesterday.  I also had a pile of fat 1/8's.  With help from my friend Mary Sue, this pile went from this......

 
 .....to these eight hours later.  Lots and lots of these all wrapped in ribbon and priced.






Bundles of luscious reproduction fabrics.

 
Bundles of Kansas Troubles.
   

 Bundles of New Hope by Jo Morton.


 So many bundles, Mary Sue and I were buried in bundles.....and I'm not finished yet!!!  At this point in time we were getting pretty loopy.


I have so much to post about with lots of pictures from my classes over the past two weeks. My pictures are stacking up like a cord of wood!  I'll try to get caught up, so you can see what quilters are making around the state.  It's pretty amazing.

Thank you so much Mary Sue for helping me tackle the fat quarter pile.  It was great getting to know you better, and fun chatting while folding, and folding, and folding until dark.

Soon,
Lynn

4 comments:

  1. What gorgeous bundles! If I lived closer I would have loved to give you a hand too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buried treasure is what you have! Have fun at the show. I don't think you will have any trouble selling these bundles of deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could have titled this post as Bundled Bounty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabrics are fabulous Lynn. Just beautiful. Looks like lots of fun.....

    ReplyDelete